Manufacturing Engineer | Neapco Drivelines
6735 Haggerty Road
Belleville, MI 48111
Paulette Caylor, Human Resources Manager
|Key Job Responsibilities:||
· The manufacturing engineer will be responsible for launching new products.
· Review component and end item prints with Product Engineering for manufacturing feasibility issues.
· Develop quotes and specifications for new equipment and tools; write Capital Budget Requests.
· Redesign equipment and tooling for improved efficiency, life, or reduced overall total cost.
· Provide concepts of fixtures and tooling and work with designers and toolmakers for fabrication and tryout.
· Lead layout of new cells or modification of existing cells for new product launches.
· Develop and maintain Production Validation Plans, Flowcharts, PFMEAs, Control Plans, Process Sheets, and all documentation required to satisfy the AIAG PPAP requirements.
· Measurement System Analysis on new or changed equipment and annual recertification as required.
· Support troubleshooting, corrective action, and maintenance for equipment and fixtures at launch and for day-to-day operations.
· Provide root cause analysis and corrective actions for internal concerns and external customer concerns.
· Ensure documentation meets ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
· Apply Advanced Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Root Cause and Prevent Recurrence Analysis as needed.
· Teach and train hourly operators and new hires the process steps and operations.
· Experience with Friction, GMAW, and MIAB welding processes preferred.
· Experience with Propshafts and High Speed balancing operations a plus.
· Experience with AutoCAD and Minitab (or other statistical package).
· Leadership role in the use of the APQP process to drive for successful launches with no customer concerns, on-time delivery, and no customer disruptions.
· Use of the Plan, Do, Check, Act disciplines for continuous improvement and meeting commitments.
· Must be able to take a team oriented leadership role working with Hourly Operators, Product Development, Maintenance, and Material Planning and Logistics when developing processes, using their ideas to help implement optimal and efficient process designs.
· Must be able to use the 8D problem solving approach to understand root cause and implement corrective actions.
· Good technical and interpersonal skills for interfacing with customers.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (i.e. Overtime, Travel, etc.): Minimal travel required, Overtime expected on new model launches and at other critical times.
DEGREE REQUIRED: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
|Education:||Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering|